Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Theory No. 07: Men are Brands. Life is Advertising

I was just cutting through the crowd on the Lower Parel Footover Bridge, when somebody murmured in my ear, “I am still young.”

I felt so much like hitting that bastard, but then as usual, I let it go. (1. Because I was too late for my class and I didn’t want to waste, my time. 2. Because it’s Mumbai and incidents like this has just become a part of the package)

I walked a few steps away and had a second thought over what exactly happened a few seconds ago. It just amazed me that how tactfully he used that line “I am still young”.

This was the best example of Advertising!

Just four simple words told the entire story. The line had a benefit hidden in it that just hit its target audience (me) bang on! The T.G decoded the message, got aware of this brand (that lecher) who must be in his late 50s or 60s, but is still potent. The purpose of Advertising met!

Wow… seriously Advertising runs in our bloods. We advertise for ourselves day in and day out!


Happy with my newly discovered theory, I smugged and looked back to see my source of enlightenment – that dirty old man. But, guess what! I was stunned to see that he was not old at all; rather he wouldn’t have reached his mid 20s…


Ok! I take my words back. This is purely a bad example of Advertising… Totalllly misleading one!

All right, anybody has ASCI’s number handy?

(P.S: Theory 1 to 6 are not yet discovered. 7 just happened to be my lucky number :) )

0 Write your comment: