Thursday, September 25, 2008

Few moments of sharing and caring...

I was about to step out of my office and my phone bell rang. A smiling face flashed onto the screen. (Thanks to my new phone. Now I can set pictures of my near and dear ones to their contact numbers.)
“Hello”
“Hi. How are you?”
Alarm bells started to ring when I heard her saying “Where are you?” She always asks me this question whenever she suspects me. What did I do now? I took a deep breath and answered, “At office! What about you?”
“I am reaching Lower Parel. Let’s meet up.” I took a sigh of relief and answered back in a flash, “Yes, Why not. I am coming right away.”

I met her at Lower Parel bus stop. She was as beautiful and pleasant as she was looking in her user image flashing on my phone. We smiled at each other and exchanged hellos. She said she had to rush home as early as possible. So, we decided to have some snacks on the way. As a matter of fact, I was not hungry at all but a paanipuri thela at roadside made me change my mind. We hogged down two plates of chatpati puris and gulped in plateful of spicy water. Her watery red eyes refreshed my memories of good old days. We used to have paanipuris without rhyme or reason. I still remember that regular Medium Paanipuri with hot ragda. Occasionally we used to ask for moong instead of ragda. Mmmmm….Yummy! Those were the days man!

“Will you have some more? I want a sandwich now!” Her words brought me back to the present. Sandwiches were one of her weak points and she desperately wanted to have one now. Walkers and hawkers were crowded that narrow lane. We were searching for a sandwich stall, but it was no good!
Finally we landed up in one of those average-looking hotels of Lower Parel. (I would rate such hotels 1/5 for ambience, food, variety, etc., etc. but, 5/5 for quick service. Remember she was getting late. So, it was the best option for us for a time-being)
We had a good chat over a sandwich and a cup of tea. We chitchatted for a while. I shared my future plans with her. It was hard to talk between munches on the sandwich. But I was so excited to tell her everything that I nearly foamed at the mouth while discussing my dreams with her. She really encouraged me and said that she’ll help me get what I want.
I gobbled in a last piece of sandwich lying in her plate and only then did we realize that its time to depart. As I was sipping my tea, she asked me to keep the last sip for her. I smiled and passed it on to her. Casually she drank rest of the drink while I was looking at her and thinking no matter how far we are, we still share a lot with each other… we still care a lot for each other!

0 Write your comment: