Friday, February 13, 2009

Life's beautiful!

Really busy for last few days, catching up with lots of things as and when possible!

Sunday: Morning
Finally, I managed to wake up at 4:30 in the morning. After giving a nice bath to my car, went for a lovely drive with Mom and Dad.
I saw the place where Dad used to go to study!


Sunday: Evening
Met my very old friends Kedi and Bhagya after a very long time. Have been in touch with Kedi, but met Bhagya after almost three years. Good to see her. She has changed a lot. More confident, more mature, more beautiful. Complete transformation!


Monday:
Kalaghoda festival is on and I had decided to attend as many performances as I can. But, today, I couldn’t. It was my Aatya’s Shraddha today. I thought I would attend the fest and then go for the ceremony. But, then I felt ashamed of myself. I realized Aatya’s Shraaddh is more important than anything.

I miss her a lot… more than any other relative! Thank you mum! It’s cause of you I got lovely Aatya and Aaji. They loved me and cared for me, more than their own kids.


Tuesday: Evening
Thanks to the Kalaghoda crew for giving a platform for young artists and showcasing outstanding performances of professional ones.
Overall good show. But, somehow I feel last year’s installations were much better and well-thought.

Watched ‘Narmade hara hara’ - a beautiful Bharatnatyam performance by Vaibhav Arekar, a man of substance. It won’t be an exaggeration if I say that he had completely devoted his life for revering the art of dancing.
Man! He is graceful yet vigorous! (For a moment, I secretly envied Di for having such reverent guru. How lucky she is!)

Throughout the show, I was admiring him with eyes wide open, not letting a single step miss out. The show got over but, the ghatam and ghungroo were still reverberating in my mind.


Wednesday: Night
I insisted Di to come with me and luckily we got to see another mind-blowing performance of Lasya group, choreographed by Vaibhav Arekar. The piece was titled as “The Collage’, and depicted the life in Mumbai. Wow! It was a beautiful rendition of two classical dance forms – Bharatnatyam and Kathak, juxtaposing moods of morning, afternoon and night in this busy city.
A special standing ovation for:
1. The bus scene
2. The rape scene
3. The jungle scene
4. Reporter getting killed
5. And the aftermath of the terror strike (almost brought a lump to my throat)

And to top it with a cherry, we all went to Mondy’s. We all were hungry and thirsty too! But, I never thought my thirst will be quenched by a glass of red wine. For the first time in my life, I felt the warmth of the red liquid as it was going down my throat.

Wow! I don’t know whether it was the wine, or the music, but I was feeling very special. After all, wine is the most elegant drink. :)


Thursday: Evening
Had a bellylaugh with Di and her gang of girls! Goodness, their jokes are more pakao than mine, only Di could beat them on that!


Friday:
I got a letter saying that my college wants to felicitate me for my academic performance. Wow! Sounds great, isn’t it! I am really looking forward to the ceremony.
Am really happy that in spite of being a brat of the college, in spite of bunking some boring lectures, in spite of passing stupid comments and silly chits during lectures, in spite of spending hours at our good old tapri, in spite of all that back-bitching, college politics, events, tours, friendships both broken and revived… I have EARNED it!!! :)

Wow man! Life’s beautiful… I wish I could just freeze these moments and live them all over again!

0 Write your comment: