Friday, August 15, 2008

Not so happy birthday to me....

Its 11:25 pm.
Sharp thirty-five minutes to go. From 12 o’clock sharp, my phone will start ringing and message box will get full with birthday messages.
Tomorrow is my 21st birthday. 21st birthday is considered as one of the most important birthdays in one’s life. It is a legal drinking age in U.S. Big deal for a non drinker like me!
In fact, I don’t think celebrating birthday is really that important.
Yes, I used to celebrate it till date. Probably, I would continue celebrating it in future. But not this time!
This birthday, I am not in a celebration mood at all! I am wondering why I should celebrate when nothing around me is going well.
1.My Sveetu is not there with me this birthday! :’(
2.My best friend has some professional commitments and couldn’t make it for my birthday.
3.A person, whose company is making me feel better these days, is not in town.
4.I haven’t achieved anything great since my last birthday.
5.I failed to follow few resolutions
6.Haven’t completed my Reiki course
7.Neither joined Kathak nor Jazz classes
8.Have hurt many hearts
9.At times, have hurt my parents as well
10.Broke few promises
11.Betrayed God
12.Betrayed myself
13.Betrayed life
(Just noticed, the number sums up to 13... a number for misfortune, a number for adversity. And I really don’t want to celebrate the adversity!)

2 Write your comment:

truthdude said...

although you might not feel happy, im pretty sure there are people on this planet who are happy that you were born on planet earth. :)

cheers!

Aniket Chakravarty said...

It isn't 13.
You could just merge the hurt few persons and parents point.

Or you could even increase some!
:~)

On a serious note,
Why count the bad points?
There must be some things which might have gone well!
You must have heard this old saying that an optimist sees a glass half full, while a pessimist sees it half empty!
Anyway, you do have your sweetu with you, all the time!