Monday, November 10, 2008

Sleep to work off sleep

I hate myself for feeling sleepy while on work. Words on monitor blur, mind turns numb and it becomes hard to concentrate.


I do a little bit of stretching and a lot of yawning. But no good! By the time office peon brings a cup of hot tea for me. (I guess he has some kind of supernatural power to detect the lethargy in the house. That must be the only talent he has because otherwise he himself is very sluggish. It’s not just me, my colleagues also think the same way! So, no offenses)


I sip in that hot drink, wishing that it could help me getting rid of this unwanted fatigue. But, it tastes like a sugar paste with added tea flavor. I force myself and finish it off and continue surfing Internet. But, nothing revitalizes me.


Sleep overpowers my senses. ‘I won’t let it overpower me! I won’t let it overpower me!’ I repeat it again and again in my numb mind.


I keep my head down, shut my eyes and forcefully try to think something so that my mind won’t stop working. I think and think and think, but only thing that comes in my mind is SLEEP. And then... I don’t remember anything. It’s all B L A N K. I wake up after sometime and find myself fresh and more energetic.


I give my inner self a refreshing smile. I realise that I have just discovered a very interesting fact: Sleeping is the only solution to get rid of sleep. 


So folks, when you are at work, and feel very very very sleepy, doze for a while(just like I am going to do it now!)... And it'll definitely work... Sleep's swear!

2 Write your comment:

Me said...

Hee hee! Sleep on for bright ideas and fresh perspective :D but finish work on time. :)

leopiya said...

sure! lol
:D